Wednesday, June 11, 2008

Rain?

Yesterday evening around 7 o'clock I was walking to the grocery store when as I walked past this little kids cafe (side note--we live in Prenzlauer Berg in Berlin, which has the highest birth rate in all of Europe, and there are more young parents and kids in strollers and on little kid bikes than anywhere I have ever seen...and the businesses are totally geared towards parents, including cafes with playareas for kids while the parents sit around chatting drinking coffee) and this little boy maybe four years old walks out, peers up at the sky--blue, without a cloud to be seen, and the weather is really hot--and declares, "I think it's going to rain tonight!"

"You think?" I ask him. "I don't think so."

"Maybe!" he says, enunciating each syllable of the word slowly and shrugging his shoulders while tipping his head to one side. "Maybe!"

"I guess we'll see," I said, and continuing on my way.

"You never know!" the little boy called out at me down the street. "You just never know!"

2 comments:

Amy said...

definitely the funniest post!!

Anonymous said...

Nothing in the world is difficult for one who sets his mind on it.
[url=http://moncler-jackets-cheap.blogspot.com/]moncler jackets outlet[/url] moncler-jackets-cheap.blogspot.com
[url=http://www.spyderoutlet.info/]spyder outlet[/url] www.spyderoutlet.info
[url=http://spyder-ski-jackets.blogspot.com/]spyder ski jackets[/url] spyder-ski-jackets.blogspot.com
Learn young, learn fair.
burberry outlet burberryoutletnew.blogspot.com
moncler jackets outlet moncler-jackets-cheap.blogspot.com